Why does it say Laser Hair Reduction and not Laser Hair Removal?
There is no such thing as total laser hair removal. There is only laser hair reduction. This is due to the natural cycles of hair growth and regeneration in the follicle. We use the gold standard in hair reduction, the 810 Diode laser, which is highly effective. Although most patients describe a near total reduction in unwanted hair growth, the results are not considered to be permanent hair removal.
How do I prepare?
To have a successful treatment it is important to adhere to some basic laser hair protocols:
1. Avoid excess sun exposure and tanning prior to the procedure.
2. Avoid self tanner prior to the procedure.
3. Discontinue any topical retinols at least 48 hours prior to the procedure.
4. Avoid plucking or waxing at least 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
5. Please Shave 24-48 hours before your appointment.
What do I do after my appointment?
Post procedure care is fairly straightforward:
1. Redness, swelling and bumps in the area treated are normal and can last for 24 hrs post procedure.
2. You must wear sunscreen and avoid excess sun exposure for 48 hrs post procedure.
3. The area treated may continue to produce hair for 2 weeks post procedure and then completely shed.
4. No waxing or plucking after the procedure or during the treatment cycles as this will prompt new growth in the follicle.
5. Shaving and cream depilatories are permitted after the procedure and during the treatment cycles.
When will I see results?
It typically takes a minimum of 5-6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart to see results. For some patients it can take up to 10 treatments.