94% state that their skin looked radiant and more improved.
94% had little or no discomfort during the peel process.
95% claim that their skin looked refreshed and better than before the peel.
99% will likely recommend the VI Peel® to friends or family
• If significant discomfort is experienced when applying any product post treatment, discontinue use of that product; cleanse the face with VI Derm® Cleanser to stop the discomfort.
• The Post Peel Protectant may sting upon application, but stinging quickly subsides. Coconut oil or petroleum jelly can be used for redness, drying and chapped skin.
• After the peel, any areas of pigmentation may appear darker. The change in color will be most evident on the second day, however it can happen immediately. This is normal; the darker skin will exfoliate during the peeling process.
• During the peeling phase, you must avoid sun exposure. The use of sunscreen is essential. You may go out in the sun when the exfoliation subsides, but your skin will be more sensitive to UV rays. Reapply sunscreen when outdoors.
• Refrain from physical activities for 72-96 hours. Inducing excessive perspiration can lead to PIH or blistering. For pigmented conditions, try and refrain from sweating/exercise for 7 days.
• During the week following the peel, use a gentle cleanser. We recommend the VI Derm® Cleanser, along with the Post Peel Protectant and SPF 50+ Sunscreen.
• Do not cleanse with a facial machine brush until the peeling process is complete.
• Refrain from forcing or peeling the skin as it can cause scarring or post-inflammatory hypepigmentation. If you must trim excessive skin from the face, a small pair of scissors is acceptable. Never force or peel the skin off in sheets.
• The Post Peel Towelettes are an important part of the peeling process and must be applied on the 1st and 2nd day following the peel application.
• A small percentage of patients say that the Post Peel Towelette cause some itching, especially the first night. If itching is extreme, the patient may wash the face to remove the solution and the Post Peel Protectant may be applied after 10 minutes.
• If irritation is experienced during the application of the towelette on night one, apply the last towelette the next evening. Usually by day two, the towelette is readily tolerated.
• Each morning apply the Post Peel Protectant along with SPF 50+ Sunscreen. Continue use for the 7 day peeling process.
• Typically peeling begins on the third day, starting in the peri-oral area then peeling outward. The forehead and neck will be the last areas to peel. Days 3, 4, and 5 are the typical days of peeling. By day 6 most exfoliation has subsided. The skin on the body peels slower than the face; usually starting day 4-7 and taking up to 10 days or more.
• Suggested maintenance treatment peels are 4 times per year.
Before and Afters